What to do if your windshield is cracked
Depending on the size or nature of the crack or chip, you may be able to save money by having it repaired, rather than replacing the entire windshield.
Before you get it fixed, make sure you observe the following cracked windshield rules:
- Don’t wash the vehicle. The temperature of water on the glass can cause the crack to growth quickly
- Don’t let dirt or debris get into the crack.
- Don’t slam the doors on your car. When you have a cracked windshield, make sure to close the doors gently to prevent additional pressure on the glass.
- Avoid extreme hot and extreme cold. Park your car in a garage or shady spot until you can get the crack fixed. In the winter, if you heat up your car slowly, the chances of the crack growing are minimized. Get it repaired asap.
- Use a glass shop that has professional windshield repair certification. Crackmaster is the ONLY windshield repair shop north of Sacramento that is professional certified through the National Windshield Repair Association. It’s really important to know the the company working on your car has years of experience and the training necessary to do the best windshield repair job that meets the National Industry Standards.
- Learn more about Windshield Repair
If you discover a crack or chip in your windshield, get it fixed as soon as possible by calling us at 530-241-8373.